Compensatory Education Advisory Committee (CEAC)—CEAC advises and makes recommendations in writing to the principal and the SSC on the development of an effective educational program and plan that raises the achievement of disadvantaged students. It focuses on the following:
- Assessment of educational needs
- Establishment of priorities
- Planning of the educational program and budget resources
- Evaluation of the school and its academic effectiveness.
English Learner Advisory committee (ELAC)—The ELAC must advise and make recommendations on the following four (4) legally required topics:
- Advise the SSC on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement, especially those sections related to English learners. Assist in the development of the schools:
- Needs assessment
- Language census (R-30)
- Efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
School Site Council (SSC)—The SSC is the decision-making council for Consolidated Application programs operated at the school to improve student achievement. It develops and approves the Single Plan for Student Achievement in consultation with all stakeholders (with the review, certification and advice of any applicable school advisory committee, including the Compensatory Education Advisory Committee (CEAC), the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) and the Gifted & Talented Education Program Advisory Committee (Education Code 64001). The SSC must meet at least (8) eight times per year. The Orientation and election meetings must be held in addition to the regularly scheduled meetings.