At the end of every school year, students are expected to return all school materials so that we can assess damage and verify inventory in preparation for the next year. All underclassmen (9, 10 & 11 graders) are expected to return school loaned/issued materials including:
- All textbooks having the LAUSD barcode must be returned, regardless of where or when they were checked out.
- All school library books and teacher issued books/novels must be returned. Late fees will be waived.
- Calculators of any type (graphing, scientific, etc), drafting, photographic devices, lab or art equipment must be returned with all accessories and power cables.
- All school issued uniforms, insignia or equipment must be returned (ROTC, band, team uniforms, etc).
- All musical instruments borrowed from any LAUSD school must be returned in their storage cases.
- All borrowed sheet music or musical collections must be returned.
*Special Note: Computers, Chrome books, IPads and Hotspots are not to be returned so that students can have access to summer learning opportunities.
This year that process will be done differently because of Covid-19.
The collection point will be in the North Parking Lot. Vehicles will enter through Gothic Avenue gate and exit through the Simonds Street gate. Collection dates will be as follows:
- Saturday, June 6, 2020: 9am–1pm
- Monday, June 8, 2020: 1-4pm
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020: 1-4pm
Packaging Instructions for Returns:
- Textbooks, Technology and Uniforms must be bagged separately.
- All items must be placed in a plastic bag then tied or taped closed. Double bag as needed for heavier items.
- All bags must be labeled with: Student Name, Grade, and Student ID#.
- Music Instrument cases must be labeled with: Student Name, Grade, and Student ID#.
- Labeling suggestions: Any method that is easily legible, will not smear, fall or tear off. Blue masking tape (2 inch) and a black Sharpie marker are recommended.
- Face covering and social distancing protocols must be observed at all times.
- You will be expected to take your packed items out of your vehicle and leave them on the table at the drop off station. Once you have left the items on the table, return to your vehicle and you are free to leave the area.
So that we are able to manage the flow of returns and cut back on your wait time, the return of school materials will be done over three days beginning Saturday, June 6and again on Monday, June 8 and Tuesday, June 9. We ask that you follow the schedule below to help us manage safe practices. If your last name begins with the letters noted below, please drop-off your items at the times noted:
Saturday, June 6, 9-10:30am
Monday, June 8 1-2pm
Tuesday, June 9 1-2pm
Saturday, June 6 10:30am-12pm
Monday, June 8 2-3pm
Tuesday, June 9 2-3pm
Saturday, June 6 12-2pm
Monday, June 8 3-4pm
Tuesday, June 9 3-4pm
Picking up PE clothes:
Items left in the PE locker have been removed and can be picked up on the dates and times noted below. Item pick-up is in front of the big gym. If you know your locker number, that will make getting your items to you much quicker.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact our principal at firstname.lastname@example.org..