Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
What is the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)?
PTSA is a recognized group of Parents, Teachers and Students that work together for the benefit of the school and ultimately our children.
Why should I join the PTSA?
Here are 10 reasons you should consider joining our PTSA.
- Get connected.There is no better way to know what is going on in the school than to be on the school's PTSA. You will often be first to hear about important decisions and changes the school is thinking about making, and you will get to know teachers and administrators on a familiar basis.
- Your Voice and Opinion Matters. It makes a difference when you speak up. Your voice and ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers. PTSA can be a way for you to be a part of positive changes at your child’s school.
- Tap into a network.PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences. The common bond all parents share is that we care about creating the best possible educational experience for our kids.
- You will be a role model.By becoming a PTSA member, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education as well as on being involved in their world. They will see you taking a stand to make education better for them and their peers, and chances are they will do the same.
- Your child benefits.When parents get me connected to the school, children tend to get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems. When you build a relationship with your child’s teachers, principal, and office staff, it will be far easier to communicate about any problem (or victory) that occurs throughout the year.
- It is important to the school. Schools are becoming more and more dependent on parent groups. The parent groups are responsible for almost all of the school's fundraising revenue. We provide support to teachers and administrators, and we create a caring and supportive atmosphere in the school.
- Discover great resources.The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Growth Opportunities. By volunteering with the PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all students. Stay-at-home parents as well as working parents have individual talents they can share. Parent groups work to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school. The goal is to create the most educational environment possible for our children.
- Witness improvement firsthand.By getting involved at your child’s school, you will be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Help to raise necessary funds. Your PTSA membership fees are the major source of PTSA fund which provides more educational services for children to improve the quality of the school overall.
PTSA General Session Meetings for 2022-2023 via Zoom
Monday, October 24, 2022 6pm
Monday, November 28, 2022 6pm
Monday, February 13, 2023 6pm
Monday, March 20, 2023 6pm
Monday, April 17, 2023 6pm
Monday, May 22, 2023 6pm