CLICK HERE to access the September 21st Parent Institute presentation on "eChoices: Applying for Magnet"
The application window for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year is October 1, 2019 through November 15, 2019. Additionally, families have the opportunity to submit a Late Application on-line beginning February 3, 2020. These applications are considered only after all Wait Listed students have been offered enrollment.
TIMELINE of EVENTS:
OCTOBER 1 - NOVEMBER 15, 2019
- eChoices Magnet Application Window
- Kennedy Gifted Medical Magnet to confirm acceptance via parent online portal (www.apply.lausd.net), email, and phone correspondence
- ONLY IF student is currently enrolled outside of LAUSD, parents to complete and submit the following to Kennedy's Magnet Office:
Migrant Family Questionnaire Click link to access now.
- Enrollment Packet Paperwork Click link to access now.
- Upon completion and return of above documents, families in addition must submit to Kennedy's Magnet Office:
- Health Record card (Completed in the Magnet Office)
- Proof of Residency within LAUSD Boundaries (Utility Bill and/or Rental Agreement)
- Copy of I.E.P./504 (if applicable...child receives Special Education services)
- Copy of Gifted Letter (ONLY if applicable)
- Identification card (ie. Drivers License, real ID, etc.)
- ONLY IF currently enrolled outside of LAUSD, please additionally provide the following:
- Immunization records
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 5th: Accept/Decline DEADLINE
- Wait List and Space Available Accept/Decline process begins
- DUE Enrollment Packets to the Magnet Office
Late JULY/Early AUGUST 2020
- Any questions regarding transportation, please contact 1-800-LA-BUSES
- All families to attend Orientation and Processing Days (Please check School Calendar on the Homepage).
- First day of instruction 8/17/20
Thank you for your interest in Kennedy's Gifted Medical Magnet.