The Award-Winning Architecture career pathway has been creating successful design students since 1999. Our three-year sequence of courses gives students an opportunity to learn career-ready skills while giving them a chance to explore the world of architecture. With a foundation in basic technical drafting, students move quickly through interesting and thoughtful projects that are aligned with the California Career Technical Education Standards as well as current ideas and trends in today’s architecture industry.
- Students learn in a creative and rigorous college level program that gives them a chance to develop their creativity as they learn about design using two-dimensional drawing and three-dimensional model making to express their ideas.
- The latest software and state of the art hardware are both available in our Architecture lab. We utilize the entire Autodesk Design Suite – including Revit, AutoCAD, Inventor, and 3D Studio (among others).
- Students are prepared for entrance into college architecture programs and other design-based opportunities.
- Our graduates are currently working in architecture and design firms around the world. Several have also found work in stage, product, and transportation design, as well as creating environments for the video gaming industry.
First year students have access to a foundation course that explores the basics of Technical and Architectural Drafting. Students learn the principles of measurement, scale, proper tool usage, and drawing techniques through a series of board drafting and computer-aided drawing assignments. Architectural history is also emphasized during the first year.
Our second year builds upon the knowledge learned in Architecture 1. Projects focus on Architecture, Space Planning, and Design. Creativity is stressed and the assignments give students with different interests the motivation to explore the different options available in the architecture and design industries.
The capstone class prepares our students as they transition from high school into college. Expectations are higher, timelines are shorter, and the work the students create is far more personal. The final project is a digital portfolio of student work.
Our college placement rate in 2016 was 100%. Students attend prestigious architecture and design colleges such as:
• Art Center College of Design
• Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Cal Poly Pomona
• Kansas State University
- George Washington University
• USC School of Architecture
• Woodbury University
- UC Berkeley School of Landscape Arrchitecture
Partnership with the Los Angeles Conservancy lets students:
• work as docents on the Conservancy’s historical walking tours
• nominate historic structures for Historic Monument Status
• Top Awards in the Building Industry Association (BIA) annual drawing and model making contest:
won fourteen out of twenty including all the First Place Awards.
Under the direction of architecture teacher, Mr. Aaron Kahlenberg
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) Design Immersion Days
Sandeep Sagoo attended the DID 4-week design immersion program where he learned to use 2D software and 3D modeling, as well as how to focus several sketches into a single concept. Five field trips opened the participants’ eyes to the true beauty of the city of Los Angeles, and they developed friendships from around the state and from other countries.