The purpose of bilingual education program is to provide eligible students the opportunity to acquire the English language skills necessary for successful participation in an English-only instructional program.
For additional information on the Bilingual Program contact:
Ida Edith Sanamyan
Bilingual Office located in A206
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
English Learner Programs
All Master Plan programs are designed to meet the following state and
- Assist ELs in acquiring English as effectively and rapidly as possible as demonstrated by the meeting state ELD standards in accordance with District Progress Benchmarks for ELs.
- ELs are provided access to the District’s core program as demonstrated by mastering state grade level content standards in accordance with District Progress Benchmarks for ELs.
Master Plan programs incorporated one or more of the following researchbased instructional services designed to support second-language acquisition
or provide access to grade level content:
- English Language Development (ELD as a core content subject for ELs only.)
- Content-based ELD
- Primary Language (L1) instruction
- Specially Designated Academic instruction in English (SDAIE)
- Primary Language (L1) support