Most Recent Videos
- 56:11 Audio for "The Most Dangerous Game" Uploaded Oct 01, 2015
"Into Thin Air" companion video
3-minute clip demonstrating Mount Everest's fatal storm in May 1996.Uploaded Sep 24, 2015
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE WRITING YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY!Uploaded Sep 17, 2015
Watch the video and answer the following questions:
1. Who is the main character?
2. What does he or she want?
3. What does he or she do?
4. What is the major conflict?
5. Why is that the conflict?
6. Is the conflict resolved at the end?
Now summarize the story as you understand it.
Finally, how did the story make you feel and why?
- 9:55 The Sniper Audio only!!! Uploaded Sep 16, 2015
This YouTube video has an Irish man reading it and the words on the screen. If the accent is hard for you to understand, the other link is just an audio version that you can listen to as you read in your text book.Uploaded Sep 16, 2015
Journal Entry 5 "Herding Cats"
"It's raining cats and dogs!" "It's a piece of cake!" "Who let the cat out of the bag?"Uploaded Aug 28, 2015
These are all idioms. An idiom is an expression that is used to describe something figuratively, and they usually do not make sense on their own. "Herding Cats" is an idiom.
I'd like you to watch the video, listen to what is SAID in the video and then tell me what you think "herding cats" means. After that, I'd like you to tell me about a time you felt as though you were herding cats and why. (If you have never felt like that, imagine a time in your life when you might feel that way and explain why.)
- 6:60 How and Why We Read by John Green/Crash Course Literature Uploaded Aug 17, 2015