AP English Literature
* * * *
THE AP LIT SUMMER ASSIGNMENT
PLEASE SEE BELOW.
* * *
* Please join our Schoology group using the following code:
* Be aware that our Schoology group is our main venue for sending you updates.
* If Schoology did not let you add the summer assignment course, please email me your first and last name, as found in classroom rosters, and I will add you as soon as possible (usually within an hour). I am here: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Warner).
DUE DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021 -- Please be prepared to electronically submit your AP English Literature & Composition summer assignment on August 17, 2021.
* This assignment will be a major factor on your five week progress report. You will also write an in-class essay on the play during the first two weeks of school in August.
* Instructors teaching AP LIT.: Ms. Kim, Ms. Sego, and Dr. Warner (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com respectively). This is subject to change depending on enrollment figures and other factors.
ASSIGNMENT (included online on Schoology and as an attachment above):
I. Reading: A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
You may get a copy of the play from the library, a used bookstore, or purchase a copy from a bookstore or online. For an e-text click here: A Raisin in the Sun
Be sure to include:
TAG (title, author, genre)
Proofread when finished to make sure you have followed all parts of the prompt, and that you have corrected any errors in grammar or punctuation.
II. Data Sheets: here
AP Literature Reading Tips
We encourage you to to read as much as you can before the AP test. Enhancing your reading comprehension is one of the best ways to improve your test performance. For those with super busy schedules next year, bolstering your reading skills will help you especially. Attached is a list of the top texts used on the test and suggested by the AP College Board. Enjoy!
It's also helpful for the AP Lit. test to have a sense of major literary periods -- you will be better able to contextualize your essays when you know what important periods influence the works you read.