A bilingual education program aims to provide eligible students the opportunity to acquire the English language skills necessary for successful participation in an English-only instructional program.
For additional information on the Bilingual Program contact:
Bilingual Office located in A206
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
English Learner Programs
All Master Plan programs are designed to meet the following state and
- Assist ELs in acquiring English as effectively and rapidly as possible, as demonstrated by meeting state ELD standards per District Progress Benchmarks for ELs.
- ELs are provided access to the District’s core program as demonstrated by mastering state grade-level content standards per District Progress Benchmarks for ELs.
Master Plan programs incorporated one or more of the following research-based instructional services designed to support the second-language acquisition or provide access to grade-level content:
- English Language Development (ELD as a core content subject for ELs only.)
- Content-based ELD
- Primary Language (L1) instruction
- Specially Designated Academic instruction in English (SDAIE)
- Primary Language (L1) support
Welcome to the ASB Student Government Home Page
Mr. Garcia - Sponsor
Elected members and representatives of the Student Government do more than just represent the student body to faculty and administration. Student Government is responsible for shaping much of the student experience at John F. Kennedy High School. Student Government is an organization that is comprised of student leaders who represent their fellow students and school. This highly active and visible organization serves the entire student body by sponsoring and organizing activities. Activities include, but are not limited to, fund-raisers, community service events and social activities such as but not limited to Homecoming, teacher appreciation, and Pep Rallys.