L.A. Unified offers parents with several options to attend another school within its boundaries.
1. Apply for one of our CHOICES (Magnet/School for Advanced Studies) programs at Apply.lausd.net beginning in October, annually.
2. Check Open Enrollment availability and apply for Open Enrollment, beginning near the end of April, annually.
3. Contact the Kennedy HS Attendance Office directly to inquire about an Intra-District Permit or view the guide for more information.
The intra-district permit application period is open all year, starting on February 1st for the next school year. Intra-district permits can be requested based upon one of the following reasons:
- Parent Employment
- Specialized Program
- Continuing Enrollment
- Safety and Protection
Required documents will vary, depending on the type of permit requested.
- Intra-district permits must be renewed annually only by the requested school. Release from the School of Residence is not required annually.
- A separate application must be submitted and approved for each student.
- Intra-district permits do not carry transportation privileges.
- Students are expected to be on time and in school for the full school day.
For intra-district permit requests in or out of a Zone of Choice, the assigned school or the zone office is authorized to sign the permit application as the resident or requested school, as applicable.
Approval from the LAUSD School of Residence does not guarantee that the request will be approved by the requested LAUSD school.